Have you ever got hurt at the station, accident, and what did you do (what happened)?

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel outside of the firehouse. lol i umm slipped on a sheet of ice while going to my car. lol
Knock on wood nope not yet and hope I never do
Yup, I did once. We had an engine that the compartment door when they opened you had to pull up in them. They weren't the roll up doors, they weren't around yet when this truck was manufactured. The doors were held up by hinges that when you wanted to close them you would lift up again and then it would close. Well, I was getting something out of the compartment when the hing didn't lock and the door came down and hit me in the head. My Captain at the time was standing right there when it happened. Of course he asked of I was alright and then he laughed about it. The Chief was told about it and he made an announcement at the next company meeting that when we open the upper doors on that engine we need to make sure that the hinges lock before walking under the doors. Other then having a headache, I was fine and there really was no way to fix the doors with different hinges. We don't have the truck anymore it was replaced with a new engine....
I was changing a couple bulbs on the top lights of our 4000 gallon tanker which is quite tall. So tall that if not carefull you will hit your head on automatic door opening unit if not carefull. That is what I did. I was on my knee's changing bulbs when someone called my name and I stood to see who it was and I hit my head. It was actually quite bad. I was bleeding pretty good and When I got down the chief and a couple others decided I needed to go to the hospital. It took 4 stitches to close the wound. Pretty painful but you only do it once. Since then one other person did it. And now that bay has the sharp edge covered by foam.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service