Hello all, I am chief of a small rural fire department in Orange County, NY. My department currently runs and old ambulance for medical calls, I am trying to obtain a suburban or simular type of vehicle for medical response, if any one can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Along with that I am looking for a chie vehicle either a pick up of tahoe, this is so I dont have to use my personal vehicle and rack up more miles on it than are necessary to put more on it.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here Chief im from over in greene county NY now is you budget the real problem in not getting the equipment being if so pm me and ill gladly send you in the right direction
Does NY have a surplus vehicle distribution? In Ohio when FDs & law enforcement & military are issued new state vehicles the old ones go to the surplus yard & are available to other approved government organizations, sometimes @ a reasonable price, sometimes the purchasing dept will sign an agreement to use the vehicle for a certian time period or if you don't need it you send it back to them & there is no cost.
Chief, The vehicle we use as a first responder/rehab/utility vehicle LOOKS like a plumbers truck. It has a knaphide body with a walk through & compartments on both sides.

http://www.romefire.com/index.html

scrool down to the Jan 10 entry - you can see the back end of the truck. It is a ford pickup.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service