Volunteeer firefighter Glenn Winuk's family has finally recieved federal death benefits for public servants after their five year court battle. He left his job and ran into the towers on 9/11. And the government's stand was that the benefit was for active duty fire fighter's and police. So they had been denying the money to the survivors of firefighter Winuk.
Being a paid firefighter myself I am glad that benefit is there when you can get it. But even for a paid public safety officer it is still a tough thing to receive. I am glad that firefighter Winuk's family was able to benfit from that fund I only hope that it doesn't cause the gvernment to rethink the benefit itself and do away with it all together. I would love for them to include all firefighters paid and volunteers, and ems, and law officers. Anyone that serves the public in any manners of emerency service. But that would e one step closer to a perfect world and we would probably all have better equipment, more manpower, more training and get paid more too! LOL Hey here is the link to the story about firefighter Winuk.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22671276/

Views: 53

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service