Wondering what everyone things of the new 24 hour certification training that, the AFA is mandating now? good or bad?

if you have any in house training tips to help volunteer training officers would like to here some.

Views: 246

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard more people using that Idea of a mirror to the health department. I think thAt is an idea and seems to be getting some momentum. You are right about the AFA being underfunded. That is why I get on my so soapbox about bashing them. If legislaters and civic leaders hear us cutting them down, it comes accross as more funds to them is not needed. I also feel for your problems accross the state. I teach out of the area enough that I hear about many of the problems. I know in many things our part of the state is blessed. But, our departments have similar funding problems and not want to be seen nor heard by our cities. We speaking as one of the departments that love to point fingers, need to stop and unite. The Paid vs. Volunteers; the NW Arkansas vs. the rest of the state; even the Chiefs vs. AFFA vs APFF needs to stop. Are we all not here to help our comunittees in times of personal disastor. We are a brotherhood and yes siblings will bicker between each other. But most famillies unit when there is a time of crisis. What is wrong with us.

Good Lunk
We are immature,jealous,and greedy.We hide under names like "I just want what is best for my dept."or "we worked for it" or "we do more calls"but in reality we see someone else getting a little money and we want it.We work to get it and forget about the fact that if we get it some one else loses it.
Trying to get depts to support something politicaly is like teaching a pig to sing.(it only frustrates you and annoys the pig)
Paid depts get their voice heard more by the very fact that they are full time and some one doesn't have to take off work to go to this meeting or that meeting.
Volunteer depts. overplay the "we don't get paid poor us"card.
I don't have an answer .I just try and do the best I can,hold my self to a high standard and walk daily with Christ.
At our dept. built a piched roof about 12 ft. lond and 8 ft. wide on each side and used it for ventalation training, it is cheap to build and very effective. we also done force entry training with a donated door and windows.
i think its a great idea they passed so we can stay up to date on what has changed
Just so you know, I am a very active member of the APFF and it was pushed by them. Who do you think talked with legislators?

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service