Yesterday my county had Oakland Fire Training Institute bring up their flashover trailer up to show use how to determine a flashover and when to get out before it happens. Well let me tell you what "this was awesome training". The instructors are great and will teach you everything about flashover and they're all former firefighters too. I'd recommend this training to every department; these guys take their training on the road and bring it to you any day of the week. We lose firefighters every year because they don’t know the signs of a flashover and when to get out of the structure. This was Flashover Training 1, and they’re soon going to be offering Flashover Training 2, where you’re on the same level as the fire.

Please look them up! http://www.oaklandcc.edu/firescience/flashovertraining.htm

I also took picture of the training and there are 8 firefighters in the box along with 2 instructors and you'll feel a lot of heat. Please check out my photo album http://www.firefighternation.com/photo/album/show?id=889755:Album:2...

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

T.J. it really looks like you had fun. I have not been involved in a flashover and I hope I never am, but I am not quite sure that I would know what to look for. That is a class that I would like to take as well. Thanks for the input on the class with a link. The pictures are good also
Our level 1 training in Dayton, Ohio had a flashover simulator at their training center and it was awesome to see, I would recommend anyone who has a chance to go through one to do it, Its worth it.
Recieved an e-mail today that 4 more firefighters were injured in a flashover, this is why we all need to know the signs of a flashover!!!!

(Tuesday) morning, 4 Sacramento Firefighters were burned (one seriously) when they became trapped inside a dwelling fire. Firefighters arrived in about 6 minutes and reported heavy smoke and fire showing...they entered and made their way upstairs when the heavy heat quickly hit them. They became trapped as the fire burned through their hoseline...one of the FF's, Captain Jeffery Helvin, 39, was taken the hospital for serious injuries. 3 other FF's, Christopher Berquist, 30, Bruce Gee, 26, and Eric Ely, 23, were treated and released for moderate to minor burns. During the fire, 1 Firefighter made it out through an upstairs window and the others came down the stairs. All 4 suffered burn injuries, with the Engine Captain receiving burns to his hands and upper torso area. The extent of his burns is not known at this time, but none of the Firefighters injured have life threatening injuries. We wish them a rapid recovery and will update this story on our homepage.
Take Care-BE CAREFUL.
I recommend flashover traing to any one that has it available to them. I took it at FDIC a few years ago, I enjoyed it and got alot out of it; just wear old shit that you don't mind trashing, especially your helmet. I wouldn't wear a brand new lid!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service