I've seen lots of Companies, Squads, and such that have sayings on their apparatus. Like FDNY has "Midtown Madness" for Ladder Co. 24/Engine Co. 1, or "Never Missed A Performance" on Engine 54 and "Pride of Midtown" on Ladder 4. What is your company/squad motto or what do you have written on your apparatus?

Views: 20321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My department was formed originally by a textile mill in the early 1900's to protect the mill as well as the surrounding "mill village". The motto that we have on our job shirts and our tower is "Pride of the village".
We have a Naval Base nearby and my friend is located at Station 3 which also helps cover a neighboring village off base. They are known as the "Village Idiots".
Our Station #2 calls their Engine the "Black Pearl" from the Pirates. And their motto is Strength and Honor. Station #1 is the Outlaws and we are still working on the motto. Thinking about Pride of the City or something like that.

God Bless You and Never Forget
Thanks for the link Rescue, it has some really cool photos in it.
Our Engine 4 is known as the Northern Rebels (they are the north side engine) Engine 1 is the "Black Sheep". My personal favorite phrase for a rig is on the back of our Ladder 2 ; "If you can read this you're second due!"
We have "Westport Express" on the front of our Engine. Our house is on Westport Road, and it was recently widened to 5 lanes. Just jump in the center turn lane and hammer down...

On the back of the Engine, we're getting ready to add (on the hose tarp) "If you're reading this you must be second due".
Siren, I love it! LOL
Use what you bring and pray to hell you don't need more....

for racing its "buckets then beer"

and for my dept itsw "its all fun and games until someone hits a deer"
we have "go big or go home" which was the favorite saying of one of our members who was killed in an accident

Enough said.
County Rescue .. Haulin Ours to Save Yours

Kirksville Fire.. The Pride of the Northside
Reading, PA

Some of the better ones:

Engine 9 "The Nor'easter"
Engine 11 " Northwest Express"
Engine 13 "Area 51"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword