I took an incredible class in September. The class was Firefighter Survival. This class beat the crap out of me. I absolutely loved it. We broke thru walls and bailed out windows. The bailing out a first floor window was a piece of cake, and breaking through a wall was incredible and having to go through 4 different ways was harder than I could have ever imagined. We worked hard and man did we sweat.

The second half of the day was doing a bailout from an upper floor. The first part was bailing out a second story window and it was not easy for me, I have a fear of falling and here the instructor was asking me to rely on a piece of rope and fall out a window and lower myself down. I actually said to the instructor, “you want me to fall out a window and I have a fear of falling, are you crazy?” I was laughing the whole time. I did it and I will say it is really hard and rather scary cause if you don’t have the rope just right, you will lower down way to fast. Then we did the head first down a ladder. This was a really fun one that we all in the class worried about. I got a little nervous because I wasn’t sure I had enough upper body strength. I did and it wasn’t as bad as I thought.

I recommend this class for every firefighter. This is stuff that we need to know in the case of where we need to get out of the building or at least into another room to get out. I would definitely take this class again just to get a chance to learn more of what we were taught.
So, how many of you have taken the Firefighter Survival class and what did you think about it. I would like to hear what you have to say about this class.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to get it at my firehouse for the rest of the company to take as well as the other companies around us...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service