So, now that we have been here to watch the site climb to over 10,000 members, a zillion photo's and Images, Blogs, Forums, and more changes arriving just about daily, (and congrats Dave on the site's continued success) What is your favorite part of the Site and Why?

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Favorite part is being able to associate with folks who have the same general interests as I do. I enjoy being able to take the years of training and use it to assist someone who could be across the globe. I enjoy watching the Videos, and checking out the Photo's while chatting. I enjoy visiting the Groups I have joined (for more central topics) My All Time favorite since I joined the site (below 1000 members when I joined) is obviously the forums.
Can I tell you my least favorite parts or should that be another thread?
That could be a whole seperate thread lol. No matter what you put on a internet for a special interest group you will find folks that love it, and folks that love to hate it.
Well, there are many, many positives here.
But, when you look at what Dave is doing here, it is clear that he doesn't want to be another Firehouse.com.
But if I could change one thing and one thing only, it would be to put in a quote feature or have the last reply to a discussion go to the END of the discussion. When you have the ability to just pop in anywhere with a reply, unless your email notification is working properly, you have to wade through all the pages to find the most recent post.
Just this morning in the "females in the fire service" thread, I found the most recent response buried on the second of seven pages. How does that happen? Did she read a page and a half and say "screw it"; I'll reply HERE?
And just so you know; two similar threads discussing what you like/dislike about this website have been closed.
BWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Thats why I kept it to what you like about FFN. It is a great resource and a Huge wealth o knowledge. It helps us to educate the folks whom need it all while making friends without reguard to race, age, or sex. Being web based, you can seek advice (although not relationship lol) about training or calls. If it helps you to make a sound minded decision, than the site in effect has completed one of the many tasks it is here for.
Unfortunately, I don't have any control over the forum program. Hopefully they'll adjust the threaded discussion capabilities at some point or make it easier for us to use a new forum program at some point in the future.

Thanks
Dave
if only your computer could stay on for longer periods of time St. F. LOL always seemed you got booted off quick
I have had the opportunity to "meet" some new friends here.
It's funny, but it seems like there is more of a homey feeling here as opposed to a larger well known website.
And there hasn't been a whole lot of acrimony lately. Discussions have been done in a respectful manner.
I think that is a testament to the users and the webmaster.
I like the lively discussions. I like sharing my thoughts in the blogs.
I like it here.
Your absolutely right, the topics have been better with a much friendlier aspect than a lot of the "cookie cutter or major name sites" Dave has done well to meet and try to exceed all the members expectations with the sites developement as it has become bigger. Compared to what I remember when the site first came up, it has grown leaps and bounds
I guess I'll give this one a try. I have found that my favorite parts are meeting many new people from all over, discussing some great topics in the forums, having a page of my own to help organize my activity, then pretty much all the other items in no real order.
I know it sounds simple, but I'm tired and lazy tonight.
Hey you took the time to give some imput, nothing wrong with that Bro. As you can tell by the fact I see you a bunch in the forums, the forum is hands down my favorite interactive part of FFN. You can get a real great judge of a person by their words. Isn't it the damnest thing to know who is full of crap and who isn't? This is nearly impossible to BS your way through with so many firefighters globally watching ;) Honesty pays dividends, and I love the way it pretty much forces that hand from folks.
Getting a chance to share my $.02... and get intelligent responses. And my number 2 favorite part... All the beautiful women of the fire service.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service