I am a volunteer grant writer for our VFD. I will be requesting a thermal image camera for us. I am interested in knowing your preferences and why. For example: Helmet or Hand held, ease of use, any other features, pro & con that make a particular brand better for you. We are in the middle of heavily timbered county here in TX, so wildland fires are issues as are back woods chrystal meth labs, in addition to all the usual uses for a thermal image camera. Do these two conditions require a different type or brand then another? Should I request more than one type or brand? Thanks in advance!

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We used to use a Viper, it was good. The tilting screen is handy for looking into confined spaces.

We now have a Bullard T4 - we like it. As stated above, the 2x,3x,4x zoom; the ability to alter the temperature range for the colour change (this helps to find the source of a fire or a hot spot, or change the range to do search and rescue); and the nice big easy to use buttons. Other makes may also have these features now, I don't know. For daytime use in a wildfire situation (fantastic for finding hot spots) we also purchased a rubber hood for the screen.

Our local Police also like having a TIC to call on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service