I ran over a deer last night. Other than relieving itself on my vehicle it left a skull imprint in my brush guard and took both of my 100 watt siren speakers with it. I need to find pretty quick two 100 watt speakers for farely cheap. They can be used. If anyone wants to sell or has a website let me know or message me. Thanks

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did the deer run off with your siren speakers? Can't you just wire them back on? Otherwise I'd look on eBay. Stay safe!
i have a 100 watt speaker that has never been used
If all the deer did is soil your vehicle and clean off the speakers, count yourself lucky. A couple of years ago I hit a deer at speed and did $7500 damage to the front end. Airbag didn't deploy but the seatbelt tensioner did.

I did get a brush guard after that, in fact the car didn't leave the body shop until one had been installed. I just had it straightened after someone backed into it with a "big red truck" but that's a different story.

Oh yeah, speakers - http://www.swps.com/100watsirspe4.html has them, I have done business with them before... seems to me that if you want them fast ebay isn't an option.
If you were running "Code 3" at the time you hit the deer, you should have the deer cited for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle!
Ebay
in ga the deer survives and sues the driver for not operating with due regard to saftey of both personnel and property. sorry no speakers
speedtechlights.com
you so crack me up Brian...
why do you need two speakers at 100 watts each? is it a multidirectional thing for placement?

Mike
A thieving deer. I hate those type. The ones around here just steal salt licks and corn feeders. TCSS
Ben,

From my experience in my rural area, running sirens at night seem to attract deer towards your vehicle or at least stirs them up and they run in all directions which can be in the roadway. We usually run lights only when dark and use air horn when needed. Of course an urban area would be a different story. TCSS
Just the other night I heard about one that stole the front license plate off of an ambulance at 60 mph. Very sneaky...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service