hey there everybody was just wondering how everybody thinks about the new ANSI regulation that is to be implemented in november for all Firefighter, EMS and Law Enforcement. I just want to see what everyone thinks of it

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Paul and Ed. I would like to apologize for being alittle abrasive but a SOP is an SOP. It is not a suggestion; it is not a "we wish youu would do this." It is a matter of protecting me and my family. I am not going to let some pencil pushing desk jockey, that has probably never even held a fire hose tell my family that the insurance claim is denied because I didn't do something like wear a hood or a vest that was required. I see both sides of the arguement here. I don't like some of the things that we HAVE to do. I am not a big fan of hoods either. I wear it though because it is part of the PPE and full PPE is our SOP. Paul is right, career or vollie, proffessionalism is the expectation that we all share in common. Be safe and learn something new today!
Our private medical service won't wear them and i know it says anyone working on a federal funded hwy . What happens if they won't put it on do we tell them do it or else .
Might be because most ffs wear their hoods . If 10 people are at the fire 7 wear hoods and 3 don't that means when someone gets hurt it is a 70% chance of it being a person with a hood . It is the odds on it finding those with the hoods . I agree experience is the best as long as it is the right kind .
As long as it meets the standards i guess it don't matter what color .
Hope his family never has to find that out .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service