Views: 2381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how many gallons does that tanker hold
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!
wow, thats a good size tanker, we need spec's on that baby:)
Nice Gold Leafing.

Beg to differ... Here is our new KME Pumper-Tanker; 6 man cab; 2000 GPM / 2500 gallon tank; 2200' of 4" LDH; has both A&B FoamPro System; remote controlled-telescoping 10" jet dumps on 3 sides; 3000 porta-tank.... Built pretty much for mutual aid as we have about 85% coverage with city hydrants.
Now Morriston and Hevaulton in nY have tractor trailor milk trucks as their tankers.. If I get a chance to go up north I will take a pic for on here.. Not that this one is not nice,but what they have now that is a tanker..lol
...and this is how you get water out of them:

That's our 1800 gallon tanker on the left, and our neighboring department's 2000 gallon rig on the right. Both are equipped with 6 inch side dumps as well as the 10 inch Newton on the back.
The tractor trailer units around here usually have a small pump or limited capabilites to dump because they are retrofitted, as compared to building a custom fire tanker. I have seen a few that were in the way more than the benefit of their size. I would be interested to hear the specifics on theirs.
Something I don't understand. I was a small city FF in a large metro area. A tanker/tender here was pretty much just that. A truck used to transport water. Take of the lights and siren and it could be used as a milk truck. No need for 6 man seating or even a pump.
Attachments:
Here's our 3000 gallon Tanker 2. I regret to say it's been renamed "Tender 2". Sorry Ben.

wow, nice tankers guy's they put our to shame:(
I thought we might be able to adapt one of our Road Trains (Do other countries run road trains?) for fire fighting purposes....

In the words of Mick Dundee, "That's not a tanker. This is a tanker!"....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service