How many of you are currently carrying large diameter hose? I am talking about 5 inch diameter or larger.
How much of it are you carrying on your units?
We have 800 feet on our Engine 3. It takes up alot of room, but is well worth it.
Also, is it set up for quick couple or are your connections threaded?

Views: 1330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now, THAT is forward-thinking.
And when you're done, you can haul it back to the station in the same pick up to thaw out and dry out.
I like that.
TCSS.
Art
We carry 1000 ft of 5 in on both of engines. So do most of the surrounding juristictions. Also a load out of 600 ft of 2 1/2 in as well. Take care from Edgewood, Wa
first out engine 1000' of 5" with stotz to hydrant hook up. first out tower 1000' 5" w stotz/ hydrant adaptor. everything else 600' 5"
Most of our engines and ladder trucks carry 1200ft of 5 in hose. some of the older trucks carry 4in
Sweet!
Have any of you ever emptied your town water supply?
I mean; completely drained the water tower?
Or, do you have a low water alarm and on the big fires, do you automatically start hauling water from another source?
Could you feasibly pump from a source through the 5 inch to the location of the fire?
I didn't think that this topic would have much traction when I started it, but I must say it has been interesting.
Big Mike; weigh in.
TCSS.
Art

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service