I was wondering what other fire departments thought about a new fire dept. coming in and running out another fire dept. Just so that they could run everything. And on top of everything. Having the village and the township trustees and council and mayor going along with it. When there was nothing wrong with the other fire dept. To make a long story short. My fire department craig beach volunteer fire department is just a little dept. cuz we are in side the village. well Rick Pellin went to the Milton trustees and told them that he could run a fire department cheeper then what they have now cuz we use to service All of lake milton and all of craig beach. After the trustees let him start up a dept. after he lyed to the people to get the levy pass. ( that is another Story) Now after 7 years Rick Pellin went to the village council people and told them a lot of shit and now Rick got all of craig beach and all of lake milton and is still fighting to get us shut down. And there was nothing wrong with our fire dept. And the only reason we are not shut down is because we are on cooperation. and they can't just come and close us. Well it is a long story and i could write like three pages on it but if you want to know more then you can just ask.

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard of this happening before, but there was a serious mismanagement of funds involved, and the original fire company refused to open their books. In this case the municipality chose to start there own combination department, and the original company has just a little sliver of response area in another township.

I'm not sure what the municipality laws are in Ohio, but that's an interesting story.
Happening in our County .. SAckets Harbor is always trying to shut down Sulpher Springs...Better of the Contract money all for them selfs.. Sulpher Spring had to go to court.. They won.. They are considered a incorp dept meaning they own all their stuff.. So what they threaten to do was sell their equipment off to other depts.. So Sackets would get nothing....The Judge told them that they could not just shut them down.. Sacket town still pays them contract money.. This has been going on for a while Hell if Our town had their way they would close Oxbow down.. We too are incoperated... I don't get it why ..
Makes me wonder WHY this Rick Pellin is so insistent on shutting the other department down. Performance? Staffing? Equipment age? Personality conflict? Getting even? Power trip?

Anything more we should know about, Theresa?
Rick wants the power. Our department just received a grant in 2007 for a brand new HME truck. So it isn't the equipment we have the staff. Rick just like the power. He had is own ambulance company that ended up getting shut down because of a lot of law suite, money problems, and a lot of other things he did wrong. He is a sneaky snake that no one can catch.
we think that the village council is trying to get rid of the village because the mayor and the treasure and the mayors sister that is on council has a lot of land in the village and if they get rid of the village the property goes up. They tried this 10 years ago and the people fought them on it and won. So we are doing it again. We can't really prove it but that is the way it is going. They run their meeting all elegal. We count 8 violations of the sunshine laws. They went in to the contract with the other department elegally. There is a lot of laws that have been broke by the council and the milton trustees and rick. Are old chief was an ass and wouldn't give them the paper work that they wanted and he did shity book keeping. Yes my department is perfict by any means but we didn't do anything wrong with the money and we kept our books. I sat down with my mom who does our books now and Got all of banking in order and all the money was accounted for. Are department has been an incorp. for 60 years and 4 years before that. So we do a lot of things the old way. And some of our paper work has been updated and some of it has been just left the old way.
It is also bad when over half of the village people don't want Rick's fire department on their property and there is a lot of people in the township that don't want them.
for got to add this Rick wants the power and control of everything. That there was a house fire that we could have spit on from our station. we had a full crew and a truck pulled out. we radio in to the dispatch and told them and rick said to have us stand down but contintue two departments that are like 30 miles out. and the house our really close together and they almost lost a second house because he wouldn't use us for help or man power.
we've got a city near use that is always trying to anax more land from the townships, like you said its a power thing and some townships will not put up with it and others just give in:(
thats bull crap, are they a paid dept. thats trying to get yall closed
no it is a volunteer fire department too.
I'm kinda of glad that it isn't just our area where fire departments are running out other fire departments, but I want to know what is wrong with the departments and the people who are doing that. What happened to serving the communited and the people and saving lives and property isn't that one of the reason that we all joined.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service