Just found the site a couple weeks ago and decided to join! I volunteer in Northern Virginia in Prince William County as a Firefighter, have been doing it almost three years now and absolutely love it. Can honestly say I have not done anything in my life I enjoy more, and wish I had done it as a career out of college! The unfortunate thing is I dated a firefighter/EMT/Paramedic almost 10 years ago, but she never encouraged me to get involved! I wish that she had!

Say hi if you get a chance!

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tom, Welcome to the Fire Service and EMS and FirefightingNation . Tom I use to live in Locust Grove VA and I truly loved it. I was dating a girl for three years who was a firefighter in Fairfax as a LT/Firefighter and I truly thought we had a chance to getting married but I got fooled and found out different even though I will always love her and have the outmost respect for her all of my life. She was a lady that I had so much pride for because of all of the work she had done and all of the commendations she had gotten and how hard she busted her tail to be in a mans world so Fairfax has alot to be proud of as All of Va does in the FIRE/EMS Service... A firefighter from PA and a I hope to be considered a dear friend some day. Hughie The 57 House GO PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!!!
hellow from Lakeview Mi.
Welcome from New Hampshire
Hi Tom, Never think you are to old because your not. I know a father and son team that came down from FDNY and the father was late fifties or sixty and his son, I can't think how old he was, but they joined FairFax and run in two different departments and love it. I wish you the very best. I know how you feel I am in the same boat only I had some health issues but I am feeling alot better. Hughie The 57 House GO PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service