this was sent to me by a friend.. i was touched by this and wanted to share

Today I was priviledged to attend a First Responders Mass in Modesto along with many others. Giving Thanks to God for protecting all those who
are first responders, and answer the call to put other's safety before their own, other's whom they don't even know. And to remember those who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
Being not only a Deacon's wife but at the same time an Officers wife, I must tell you words can not express how important each prayer that's said for our husbands, wives, children, fathers, mothers....are!

For a second I ask that you put on my shoes....
I'm sure you each pray for the safety of your spouse especially when they leave the home, seeking that they reach their destination and return home safely to you.....
That is a mere portion of my daily prayer, I pray not just for my husbands travel but for the hours that he is at work, on the line protecting and serving those that he doesn't even know, in the daily battle of good over bad. My prayer is not merely for his travel but for every minute of everyday he is at work.... not just his safety but that of all First Responders.
So you see this is why I say that each of your prayers are important for all those who are first responders in every town, city, state..... it gives us peace of mind knowing others are praying too!

We depend upon each and every prayer that is said on their behalf.
I beg of you to continue to pray for all First Responders......
For their families....
For their safety.....
and for God to guide them and that they acknowledge that guidance......

So the next time you hear a siren or see a Officer/Firefighter/EMT in route please remember they put their lives on the line daily for You and others they don't even know. Some may not like people in this line of work..... but when you need someone, its these same people that don't care if you don't like them, they are still there to help you..... When there comes a time that you need them you will want to hear the wail of the siren and the voice of a stranger to say, "It's okay I'm here to help you."

"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends" John 15:13
(from Today's Gospel at Mass)
I thank you for your prayers! I shall pray for your intentions also.

Please continue to pray for our Servicemen and women and their families also.... for they too are making the greatest sacrifice.....
In all, for all, first of all.... Pray to God!
Love,
Me

Views: 19

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service