HEY FOLKS, LOOKING TO MY FELLOW FIRE FIGHTERS, EMTS AND MEDICS FOR SOME HELP IN PLANING SOME TRAINING CLASSES FOR MY STATION. WE HAVE AVAILABLE TO US A LARGE COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE WITH LOTS OF POSSIBLITIES. WHAT KINDA OF THINGS DO YOU TRAIN FOR EMS WISE.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mock collapse training, Tom I agree using the building for survival training as well but you can do that in a small area I just finished an excellent RIT class that was done in a ware house. EMS training is best done using as many parts you can add rescue and removel its easy to do your ABC AND SUCH IN A ROOM WITH A PERSON LAYING FLAT, do them while they are twisted in rubble and while another person is a foot away running a saw or airbags and have the radio traffic going out of control when you ask for tools.
Like Ed said take the time plan it and involve as many as you can and tell people your not being judged make mistakes learn from them set up a few cameras so you can record a lot of stuff you would be so shocked on how many small little changes you can make to improve things. This last time we did this it changed the was we store and carry equipment because we watched people dig around for this or that from one camera set up we noticed how much time was wasted yelling and running so we changed the command structure, plus the untold little mistakes people made that we can improve on. Plus have fun with it and you will see how much people want to do again and again. Everyone hopes you never need to use the things you learn but its great way to be ready. Last year we found an old school bus and cut it to pieces and learned a lot of things 4 days later what do you think happen?? So go ahead go crazy and enjoy.
You could do a unknown person down then a the hazmat to it I have found in 8 yrs of firefighting and 7 yrs of EMS that we tend to forget that in a commercial setting that there is the possiblity of hazmat. We had a drill 3 months ago at a college building that the first 4 ALS Paramedics would have been contamiated or died. This was a good wake up for me dept and EMS.
I agree use this opportunity for the low frequency high horse power call. MCI, hazmat, collapse. These are calls we must get right the first time every time but very little training is avaliable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service