Ok, it's the dead of winter, I'm tired of plowing snow. Let's talk Wildland! What does everyone keep in their pack? How about their Wildland Turnouts?

Pack: EpiPen, 5 fusees, parachute cord, small first aid kit, 3 liter camelback insert, compass, shelter, extra socks, knife, spare radio batt's, granola bars, extra gloves, bug spray, bug wipes, a couple of Bic lighters, boot laces, RedBook, warning tapes on carabiner, belt kit weather kit. Drywipes (get em wet with water and you have soapy wash cloths for cleaning - EasiCleanse Bath is the brand name), Small container of Purell, prepack of gatorade, lemonade and Iced tea, bandana, small digital camera sometimes, or a disposable camera

Britches: Epipen, extra gloves, spanner wrenches for both toy hose and regular, leatherman on my belt, bug wipes, bandana

Coat: EpiPen, mini-redbook w/redcard, Pen, small notepad

Away Bag (for state mobilizations): Socks, yes, another Epipen, underwear, boot laces, hygiene ditty bag (toothbrush, paste, etc), pre-measured packets of gatorade, lemonade, iced tea to dump into a 1 liter bottle of water, extra bandanas, extra set of britches and coat.

Probably too many EpiPens, but well, if you're allergic to bee's, I'm your guy to be around!

Anything I'm missing? I have a portable GPS, but am reluctant to rely on battery operated devices in the field...

What say you?

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep foam works great on hornets too, plus it is great target practice on your down time!........Angi
My goodness, wheres the kitchen sink? IA- Pack: 2- GLOVES, 1FILE,4 FUSE, PCORD, TAPE,FLAGGING,EARPLUGS,X-TRA RADIO BATTERIES,COMPASS,MIRROR,SPANNER,MEDICAL KIT, GPS,BWKIT,COFFEE,CUP, 4QTS-WATER,CAMEL BACK,2-MRES(YUM),T.P.,BUG SPRAY, JERKY,ALMONDS,POWERBARS,GUM,SWEATSHIRT,GOLD BOND POWDER(GREEN) HUGGIESWIPES,HOSE CLAMP,SMALL NOZZLE WITH Y-SHUT OFF.BANDANNAS, LEATHER LACES.
You probably wouldnt believe what I carry on me (britches)!!!!!!!!!! Fun Stuff............Angi
Oh seems like a lot, but when your one with nature for awhile its great..Angi
Yeah, and since we're always near the truck I can dump my pack prolly 70-80% of the time. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

My pic shows our Attack Engine - it's set up combo Structure/Wildland, and we have a 10'x3'x2' compartment that is just for gear/drinking water/extra supplies. On the front bumper, there's a deck that I can hook my pack to when we're mobile or when we're fighting fire pump and roll style. We don't wear shelters when we're on the truck doing pump and roll, or if we're on a nozzle, but frankly, unless I'm physically on the truck with the nozzle in hand, it's on my back. When driving, it's my right arm rest.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service