Do not know if this is supposed to go here or not. Topeka, Kansas lost a damn fine man and firefighter last night while battiling an apratment fire. Anthony "Tony" Cox 44 years old and a 21 year department veteran made the ultimate sacrafice last night as he did what he loved to do. Tony leaves behind a wife, and unborn baby. Also he leaves behind another son and two daughters. Numerous other personal family members and his large family of fellow firefighters, and friends that will miss him dearly. Thank you Tony for doing what you loved so that others may live. God speed Tony, god speed.

Views: 251

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

deepest sympathies to the family,friends, and the Topeka Fire Dept. from all the fire fighter of the Allison#2 Fire Dept.
RIP Tony. God speed. His family and friends are in my prayers.
God Speed to the fallen. Those who knew him, his family, friends and loved ones will be in our prayers.

Thank You Tony for your service and your sacrifice...

L
God bless his family and friends. He paid the ultimate sacrifice doing what he loved. he is a hero. My deepest symapathies
My deepest sympathies to his family, friends, Brothers and Sisters. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Rest in Peace, Tony - you will never be forgotten.
RIP Tony. "And Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest" (W.S)
I was the one of the last one to see Tony alive. I am the paramedic that transported him to the hospital. I am thankful that I was the last face he seen before he died. But on the other hand this is the most absloute worst thing I have ever had to go through in my 8 years of being a paramedic. Tony and I are very close friends and have been through a lot together. He was the one I turned to when I needed support, advice or just someone to talk to. He helped me get through my fathers death and many other things. Tony was the type of guy that would do anything for the ones he loved and cared for. He knew everything there was to know about fighting fires and haz mat. Anytime somebody did something crazy he would always say " use that thing 3 feet above your ass called a brain" I heard that quite a bit :} and I I would always laugh at him when he would say it. Tony was a good man and he was loved by many. There are many many memories I have of him that I will never forget. R.I.P. Tony we all love and will miss you greatly.
Rest now my fallen brother
Lay soft your suffering back
Rest well and forever
Your memory shall not lack
Rest your tired hands
Wipe clean your weary brow
Rest with St. Florian
Your spirit now endowed
Rest here your breaking heart
We know you gave your all
Rest easy, you've done your part
You've answered your last call