We had a cattle trailer roll over in or area. It was full of cows heading for the market. When it rolled it jamed the back gate shut. We had to use the spreaders and cutters to get it open. Luckly some one had another trailer to load the cattle onto once the gate was opened. NO cattle were killed in the crash and it will be brought up at the next extrication class (now I am the instructor) I am sure there are more stories like this out there so lets hear them.

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's definitely one I never thought of. We've got a couple horse farms in my area. Something to think about. Way to go Butch!
We've had a horse trailer get flipped over once with 2 horses one was out standing along the side of the road when we got on scene and the other one was trapped, I could not believe they didnt break bones or even die, they must be stronger than I though. But we see quite a few animal calls every now and then.
.22 long rifle, butcher knives, propane-fired grill, steak sauce, an hour of radio silence, then "all units in service."
I like the way you think Ben
Thats a fresh piece of beef. I will say charcoal rather than propane
But what would Hank Hill say?

All I can think about after reading this post is the California Dairy Commercial with the two bulls talking about being each other's wingmen...
"When you live in the sticks, and your income is fixed...PROPANE."
Pinkard and Bowden in their cover of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine".
We went to a truck rollover many years ago that was carrying animal carcass! It was strewn all over the road which was a horrible mess!!! Luckily it was in winter and not a hot day!
I'm thinking more about the "Young Bull and Old Bull" story that Robert Duvall told Sean Penn in the movie Colors. Its a classic story of an older, more experienced bull mentoring a younger, inexperienced bull for both of their mutual benefit. :-)
We've had 2 different pig trailers going to slaughter get whacked and had piggies running around on the highway.

Here piggy, piggy....Here piggy!
A nearby dept had a flatbed 18 wheeler rollover loaded with bee hives enroute to an orchard for
pollination. The bees were not overly friendly to the responders trying to get the driver extricated. Smokers and hazmat suits were the order of the day. Adapt,improvise and overcome. Let me tell you it is very difficult to grill the bees w/o having them fall through the rack on the grill (propane or charcoal) :) If we did the same thing every day we have to call it work!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service