At my volunteer department I've been tasked with finding grants. We are looking for grants for adding onto the station, grass unit, pump for a grass unit, turnout gear, etc. I'm hoping for links or addresses.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you should start with your departments records...Most "grants" are very specific and you have to show a NEED...and the easiest way is through numbers....There is the National Assistance for Firefighters Grant...There is the Terry Farrell fund...and you might want to contact your Senators for others that are out there....there is the annual wildland grant for wildfires also...Good luck......Paul
Start with the FEMA grants....
www.firegrantsupport.com
The money is there...if you're feeling unsure about how to write a grant application, they have all the online support in the world to assist you.
I'm still in the process of crafting a grant application for an in-school recruitment program for FASNY. If you do one thing, make sure you fill the application out as completely as possible; more information and hard data will work in your favor.
I agree, you should start with FEMA. The Assistance for Firefighters Grant program is pretty straightforward once you learn the ropes, but getting there is fairly intimidating.

Start by clicking on the above link, then find the "AFG Home" link. There is another link on this page, "E-Grant Application" which will navigate you to a log-on screen. If you are a new user you'll have to set up a name and password for the aaccount. Be prepared to provide information on your FD's bank account info, officers and so on.

Then you'll need a grant narrative to go along with your application. I have to close for now but if you want a sample of a narrative we used email me at newyork99@frontiernet.net. Gotta go, the neighbors are getting called out on a fire. Good luck!
thanks for the info. We've got grant writers (we recieved an engine last year), however, we are wanting to know what is out there this year. Thanks everyone!
www.fema.gov or www.firegrantsupport.com are both good places to start. As Mr. Montpetit said, your local state congressmen/women will be able to help with other state backed grants available.
One other place you can check for equipment for forest/wildland equipment, as you mentioned, you can talk to your local state forestry dept. representative.
Yes; firegrantsupport is definitely a good one.
Contact you state representative and state your needs to him. We have gotten over $100,000 over the years from our state legislator for various projects.
But, if you want to know what grants are out there, then contact this guy:
Brian P. Vickers
www.Firegraphics.org
Emergency Services Consulting
Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
Note: I have no personal interests in this company. Brian helped my department get our first ever FIRE Act grant this year. He is very sharp and a nice guy. He's busy, so give him a few days to respond.
Here's another resource:
http://www.firegrantshelp.com/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service