My department has 1 truck, 1 squad, 2 engines, and a brush unit (not including the boat and BLS). We're not assigned to one specific peice so i have the opportunity to get a taste of everything. Just wondering what everyone else does, whether it be one specific duty like being on the pipe, or being able to do a little of everything.

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When we have a long incident, we just call mutual aid and make THEM bring us the food.
It does wonders for team building!
In my department we have 3 engines, 1 ambulance, and one light rescue that is not much more that a people mover. It is an early 2000 ford expedition we have some cones and early warning type stuff on it. It is also got BLS equipment on it. As far as riding assignments you get on to whatever apparatus is leaving the station at the time. There are only a few people that can drive the engines, but as for the light rescue and the ambulance as long as you have been cleared to drive you can drive.
We run one straght line engine, one pumper rescue (squad), and one truck also a bls ambulance. we are all crossed trained on all of the equipment. i prefer duion the truck work and then the squad work. what can i say i like breaking things
My department has a wide selection of units. We are assigned to one of four engines, but can also staff the tower or rescue. I am an engine driver.
my department has 2- BLS Ambulances, 1- Heavy Rescue, 1- Light Rescue, 4-Engines, 1-Fire Boat, 2, Rescue Boats. you ride the appartatus that you are qualified on, on a first come basis check out our apparatus at www.owascofiredept.com let me know what you think
Like the pics. Love the pumper boat in action.
Well, my department has 6 pieces of apparatus...if you count our deep woods rope rescue apparatus it's 7.
1 rescue/pumper, 1 tanker, 1 Air/command unit, 1 brush truck, 1 service/squad, 1 mini-pumper (attack), 1 Rhino (think golf cart on steroids). I have ridden in all of them. And I've gotta say, nothing beats the rescue...
KVFD (Volunteer Madison County Kirksville District) 1 Pierce Sidepanel Pumper ( ENG3INE) 1 Salisbury Mini Pumper (ENG18INE) 1 International Water Tender ( TANK10ER) I am an Engineer/Pumper Operator on this Department

MCRS ( County Wide Volunteer) 1 Ford F 350 ( RES1CUE) 1 Chevy Suburban ( RES2CUE) 1 Chevy 3500 ( RES3CUE) Two Boats with Trollers and Outboards and one Flatbottom.. We also Do Coroner Transports with One Chevy 2500 Van ... I am a Rescue Tech and a High Angle Rope Rescue Rigging Operator as well as a HAZMAT Tech with this Department ..

BGAD FD (Paid Job) 2 Engines 1 Brush 1 Tanker 1 Ambulance (BLS) Chief 1 Chief 2 HAZMAT 1
I am a Telecommunications Officer I/II with this Department

B King
Hello on our Dept. We have One primary Engine for structure and vehicle fires, a second Engine wich We use for Rescue, and for a backup if needed. We have two Brush Rigs, and two Tenders. We dont allow P.O.V.'s on the scene, so its first come first goes, less your a newby you go on second truck out. Only one of the Chiefs can allow a newby on first truck out. Me well live so far out, I miss the first truck most of the time. So when get to the Station I ask what they need, and bring what they tell Me. We have a small no. of Crew, so most of us are trained on all the vehicals in the Station, as far as driveing them is concerned.
We have 2 engines, 2 brush trucks, 3 tankers , a rescue truck and a service truck. We use the first come first served method if you are qualified to be on the truck. I usually get a vacuum tanker , but am also qualified to run on brush, or engine and sometimes am on the rescue truck. Cross training is a vital part of a volunteer FD. We also have SOG's for the order trucks are dispatched, depending on the call.
My FD has 20 engine companies, 5 ladder companies, 12 Ambulances, and 3 Squad/Rescue Companies.

We are assigned to a peice but due to staffing shortages we sometimes have to ride others. In my station we have and engine, Ladder, and Ambulance. We all take turns on the ambulance.
In my FD we roll as a department not companies. All of our members are trained for all firematic functions, So what ever we need we roll. We have 4 engines, 3 Heavy rescues, 2 quints, 1 tower ladder, 1 tech rescue bread truck, 1 tech rescue support. Between the Three houses a ladder can roll, an engine or a rescue...in any combo needed going off of SOP's. The trucks are in my profile for those intrested in specifics.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service