I am a firefighter at Macdill AFB in Tampa for the military and my enlistment is coming to an end, I was just wondering if anyone had any info on weather there states accepted DOD IFSAC Certs as credible certs required for hireing. If anyone has any insight or knows were I can find out please let me know thank you.

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey buddy,

My name is Scott Beauchaine. I am currently a Firefighter/Medic w/ the Virginia Beach Fire Department. I used to be active duty at Eglin AFB. I can't speak on all departments but I had no problems having my certs transfer w/ VA. Beach. The state of Virginia has what they call EMT-Enhanced so that is the only hangup w/ coming in "certified". I still had to go through a full academy but was very glad that I did. I hope this helps you out. Be safe and Good Luck.

Scott
The State of Tennessee also allow you to reciprocate your DOD and IFSAC certificates also you can also go to IFSAC's website to find any other state that are IFSAC certified hope this helps
Hey Shaun to answer your question there are many states that will honor your DOD IFSAC certs. I am currently working at a base in Connecticut that the state will honor them only if you have them Pro Board Certified. It will help you tremendously if you pay the 15 bucks and get your DOD certs pro board certified. The ProBoard Certificate's are good for a lifetime and they do not expire. So you will not have to re-train or re-test. Here is the number if you wish to call. Most states that won't honor the DOD certs will honor the Pro Board Certification. Stay Safe.
ProBoard
PO Box 690632
Quincy, MA 02269
617-984-7474

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service