TRAINS, WRECKS AND AUTOMOBILES.....
Can somebody please tell me what is up with people who think that they can still beat a train when the arms are in the down position and you can probably see the train coming???? We have had to auto extrications in less than two months and I connot figure out what these people are thinking. Anybody out there have any insite??

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have had two collisions both at the same crossing. One was where the car ran into the last car of the train, how can anyone do that I don't know. It is a crossing without lights or arms that has two trains a day but the fastest the train moves is 40 Km P H We put it down to familiarity and a high Doh factor.
Maybe they are listening to I-Pods....????? LOL Paul
oh, thats easy, you asume they're thinking, when if you haven't realized it yet, most people don't do too much of that anymore, ie. why we are in the fire service. lol.
Yeah, everybody today is in a big hurry to go no where. No one has the respect for themselves, no less anyone else anymore, look how many people are shaving, putting on make up, talking on the cell phone AND taking notes at the same time, all while behind the wheel of a car. The gates need to be longer (which is stupid because its not the railroads fault....they were probably there first) because we have to protect people from themselves. But its like I say in this business....Because of stuff like this I'll always have a job. Stay safe
I think you are the third or fourth person to say the same thing.....people aren't thinking...guess that's why people like us are around....
Wasn't there another thread on this subject a couple of weeks ago? I swear that I posted to it... didn't I? (Twilight Zone music plays...)

Anyways, I think there are many people who don't understand trains. They don't know that trains can't screech to a stop to avoid the collision, or that it takes a minute or two to stop. They don't know that the locomotives don't have steering wheels and can't swerve out of the way. People of this ilk are probably the ones who also weave in and out and between cars on a 6 lane divided highway at 70 mph going to work.

With others I think it's a matter of suicide by train. People who stand on the tracks while a 60 or 70 mph train is approaching, and don't hear or see it, seem determined to cause their own destruction.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service