I'm looking for a house system that can be activated when dispatched. Right now tones are dropped on the old system (a low band system). Than the actual dispatch comes across the 800mhs radio system. There's times that the house system (low band system) doesn't go off at night, causing us to miss a run. Does anyone know how I can hook-up a house system on the 800mhs system?

Thanks in Advance/Be safe

Views: 235

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

supposedly, there was study that showed increase adrenaline in serum blood levels for those tested that had been sleeping and alarms were used to wake them up. our stations tones sound more like a gentle xylophone with three notes preceding the activation of the lights and radio intercom. if you have one of those bells, we took an old style cervical collar and wrapped it around the outside of the chime. Works a lot better now that it's muted. But now we have the new softer, gentler less heart attack causing chimes... ms
Mike,

That sounds like a West Coast thing...Xylophones and all. Must be better for the spotted owl and all too. LOL. Seriously... We have the 120db train horn style get that adrenaline pumping, Holy Shite time to go to work alarm. Of course thats after a 120 db prealert over the radio. The prealert normally wakes me up. The horn is just an annoying bonus, kinda a 120 db warning that the lights are about to come on.
I want to thank you guys for the information. With the information that was recieved and the research that I did already, I can present something to the chief and maybe the trustees will act on this.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service