If you could go back 20, 15, 10 years would you still join the fire service if you knew then what you know now? Going through all of the heartache, family time lost, and loss of your brothers/sisters along the way?

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you 110% Chief, I' enjoy it more, and more, and alway learning something new at the same time
I enjoy what I do, and never expected to be paid. When I signed on I thought I was volly, I about fell over when I got my first check. I feel the same as I did when I signed on, I am in this to help others, for if wasent for others helpen me I would not be here. Have I seen things that where hard to choke down yes, have I seen death yes. I have seen and had to do things that at one time I thought I could never do. So to answer your Q no I would not go back and change a thing, I have learned a lot and am still learnen. This job tests me and keeps be moven on and sayen yes I can. I will do this till my body says I cant or the Lord takes me home wich ever comes first.
I think any brother/sister would do it all over again. At least the ones I know. I wouldn't change a thing, well maybe more classes. Thankfully my family is understanding of what I do and don't mind if I leave to help someone. Not to mention my wife knew what I did before her, so she had a choice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service