Hello i would like to introduce myself my name is kory moore and im from crockett ky i am a member of two departments so far and rescue squad. Im a junior/explorer but i've been taking training since i was 15 im currently 17 and I can't wait till im 18 so i can get more into what i love doing. But just because im a junior doesn't meen im just someone who takes training I also take part in some things on scene such as pumper operator (when everyone is busy) and i also talk to familes about if they need any help gettng over what happend. I love being a firefighter I plan on contiuing along with my career as an Information Technologist. I also plan on taking firefighter investigator/arson investigator courses and hope to do well on those I really love this site. I would like to ask if everyone wouldn't care take a look at our fire departments website and send me a message on here on what I could to improve on it thank you all for reading my little bit of information. Also if anyone has any information on getting a cascade system i would be gratful if you help me out.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kory; Thanks for sharing your information with us. It sounds like you are having a great time and learning as you go, that is great, and you are in a perfect position as an explorer to learn, remember that you not only learn at training, but also at scenes, watch what is being done and how it is being done, don't be afraid to ask questions even if they laugh at you, because when they started out they did not know everything and had to ask or worse did not ask and never knew why. Keep training throughout your career, it never ends I have been in the fire service 45+ years and I still train every chance I get and I still learn everyday. There will be times that you think you don't want to do this anymore, especially when someone is getting on you and telling you that your not doing something right, sometimes they are right, but alot of times they are not right and just want to be able to tell someone else what to do. Just keep your head up be as proud as you are today because you are in a noble profession and alot of peoples lives are or will be better because of you. Relax, take your time, learn your profession well, and enjoy your fire service career!!! Good luck, train often, STAY SAFE!!! Captain Kevin C. Ross Pembroke, NY Fire Dept.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service