Our fire dept. was just called to go to the station where the chief informed us that the state of Ohio is asking for volunteers to go down to Louisiana area after the hurricane. I did volunteer to go too. Has anyone else dept. done this. Just wondering.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do I join in on going down to Louisiana? I would love to go. Please let me know. thanks
Nothing here in Chicagoland yet. I'll be volunteering if the need arises. Stay safe people!
Arkansas has been "alerted" to be ready to respond and provide shelter/evacuation assistance to the Gulf Coast area. No specifics yet, but we're preparing for a similar response to Gustav as we provided during Katrina/Rita.
We have not been officially prealerted yet, being that it is still actively fire season, but with they way that its slowing down and that were experianced from last time im sure that when it hits the Forest Service will be sending resources....

Jason A. Myer
USFS Firefighter/EMTB
Eldorado NF E66
Nope nothing around here yet, but I'd go if I were asked though:)

Be safe you all:)
I'm not sure. Our chief told us that we were being asked as part of the states mutual aid program.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service