Hey everyone hope all is well with you and yours......Anyhow, i have a question and im sure you can all be of some insight. I am currently weeks away from being an emt basic, but my goal is to be a career fireman,....i have been doing lots and lost of research and have gotten many different outlooks and opinions on the best path to do so. I have applied to fire academy in Austin and they only take apps twice a year,...i figured this was the correct way. However i am hearing that it is best to go straight to the firehouse and go from there,...i understand the recruiting and testing process and know that they are few and far between,.....so in general any tips or advice to help expedite this situation, which would you recommend? Am i even going about this the right way? I will not give up on this and am determined to do all i can in order to achieve this, but sometimes we all need a little advice and help.....any suggestions and advice are welcomed.....

stay safe

danny

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Moved to the career category...
Around here you need to be a paramedic. I would check with your locals to see what they want. Education is always important. Not necessarily fire science though. I know a guy who got hired with a business degree. He said the fire service was going to be his business.
thanks, i agree education is important,...and i will always be in the learning process...
your in for a long hall, but you can go it, around here we get anywhere from 200 and up apps for one fulltime job, so as you can see the percent is against you right away, but learn everything you can and keep in top shape and never I say never give up, you can do it:)
thanks brother.......be safe this weekend

danny

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service