Just a nice item for all Fire Stations here in New York State.....The State has set up a scholorship program for Vol Firefighters here in New York....Basically it states that Each Fire Station (Department) may sponsor one firefighter to attend a State College/University tuition free as long as they maintain active status..initially it had to be within a 50 mile radius of the Firehouse But that stipulation was recently dropped...Hope this helps some of our Brothers/Sisters....Stay safe all........Paul

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can you give us more info, i am trying to go to SUNY OSWEGO I think its teh HESC thing but im not sure, will you please inform more becasue im having a hard time paying for college right now
Contact FASNY.....I think there is someone on this site from that agency.....There was also an article in the Magazine in reference to it....we have someone going next year on the program I think.....there are stipulations...Have to be active member of a department...initially it had to be within 50 miles but that has been dropped....its a great opportunity as its tuition free (providing our new Gouvernor...Client 10..? doesn't kill it)....Good luck..........Paul
Is that the FASNY magazine? and is it just for SUNY schools, or any NYS college?
Yes FASNY and I am not sure...But believe it is State schools.....probably SUNY schools......Hope this helps......Paul
thanks
Sean it was in in the past ....hmmm...like maybe within the last 3 issues....right up front....actually the State Office or maybe even the guidance department or financial aid office should be able to help you out...Good luck man...........stay safe.......Paul....PS it is only 1 member from each department that is eligible
When do they choose the applicants
Hi I'm a volunteer fireman and I am also the son of a volunteer fireman we belong to Helena fire department of ST. Lawrence county. I plan on attending S.U.N.Y. Canton for criminal justice. I was wondering if you could send me some information about this scholorship my E-mail is sgtbean@yahoo.com thanks.
no one knows when they choose this...without some form of scholarship im unable to attend college as of now lol...I got the northern scholarship...a big whoopin 225 dollars a year...but its better than nothin...
I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL
i am going to be taking an online fire science it's for a bachlors degree and it is with UMCU. and do you think you can send me some ingo my email basballbaby89@aol.con thank you and have a wonderful day. I am also a volunteer firefighter.
Please send me information about this. It sounds like it would be a great help to me. I have been living on my own for over a year and having to pay for school as well as my own living expenses makes things tight. My email is stone117@canton.edu. Thank you!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service