I think there is a good ole boy thing going on here with the points. It shouldn't matter rather it's from comments or post's or how many friends you have. It should be because of how active you are on the site. This is just my thoughts so chime in as much as you want. I'm a big boy and can take it. This post will probably be closed before long and I will be band for voicing my opinion in a free speech country.

Views: 150

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

So all the time of greeting new members and getting poeple to join and the video's that I personaly made mean nothing to this site at all? I think those of us that have been here awhile should be noticed and just taking things away because you feel like is not the way to do things.
I'll send out a note about this over the weekend but there is a now a link on your profile right above your point total to 'hide' your point total both on your profile and in the Leaderboard! Check it or uncheck it anytime, and your points total will vanish from both. (It will still track it, so you can always get back in later)
Yeah..not sure what the big deal is. If someone is really going bonkers posting nonsense replies or post, just report it and I'll deal with it.

Otherwise..just ignore the points :) Whether you like 'em or not, no one is winning a million bucks or anything so, hide 'em, ignore 'em, report problematic people, but discussion and other real content (and interacting) is way up, and while I'm not suggesting there are not a few folks posting for the sake of points, let 'em stroke their egos all they want -- if and ever there are any 'prizes' for points it will be for REAL content and inviting REAL people, believe me.....otherwise have fun and RELAX :)

I can assure you, if you look at the Top 25 people in terms of points, the VAST majority of those folks are some of our top users -- in a good way! Blogging, forums, photos, videos...and more!
Actually I never notice the "points" until somebody mentioned it. Not that I really care cause that is not the reason why I signed up in the first place. I signed up to meet fellow fire fighters, share some stories and ideas. So I really don't care about points. Like the website even if I can't always be active on it.
Great point :) There is way more to FFN than points :)

There are some great improvements coming to friends and messaging in the very near future!
Thanks WC for the option...I have chosen to hide.

:o)
Don

Please read the forum post about the update to FFN points. I think you are missing some of what was said there. You can also click the icon next to your own posts and see what counts. While I've (for now) discounted 'comments' because people were going bonkers on it, videos and invites (using the online system) absolutely do count. Are you confused there? I've been very upfront from the beginning that points are in BETA and the way they are calculated the first bit may fluctuate...so nothing has been 'promised' that your points won't go up and down until I finalize a formula that makes the most sense. Everything you've done in the past counts, except invites which only count since the system was launched because its just a limitation of the program.

You've posted four videos...you've participated in discussions...those count...not following what the issue is here. Other than saying there's no way to track OFFLINE invites...everything else counts and before all is said and done I may add back in friends and comments counting....and all would be retroactive.
"...Whether you like 'em or not, no one is winning a million bucks or anything so..."

Oh no; you said the other day that the top performers "might get rewarded"... or words to that effect. We're gonna hold you to that!

Now all I have to do is find it before you do...
Maybe I'm not getting it Chief. There seems to be a lag in the way my messages are comming in on this forum also. There are some out of sequince on my computer lol.I'm not trying to cause issures just understand. You know how Government computers are.
The forum is threaded so that replies come in under the post someone is replying to....?
Back to the same old same... I think the points are nice ,but does not make me post more or less .. I give the webmaster alot of credit for trying to come out with something fun for everyone.. The ones who are taking it to heart and posting one liners to gain points my thing is OMG get a life,,, I guess it nice to be recognized for using the forum alot ,but if you day is centered on making sure you have more points than someone else..hummmmmmmmmm. so I will continue to post on things I want and bi-pass on other thing s I choose not to...
I do have to say after spending some time surfing the forums, while overall participation is way up, I honestly don't think the number of 'one line' replies is really any more significant than before. Yes, there are a few people doing it more than others, but out of nearly 25,000 users....I think we'll live :)

I agree I don't think the majority of people doing the 'word game' for instance are doing it just for points, rather than to socialize...

If you are one of those people 'blasting' people for posting one line replies....realize you are not the police of the site. If you have a problem with a user, then report it to me. If you just fire some sarcastic comment back attacking them, you'll be removed. End of story there. Likewise if you blast someone for posting a topic that has been discussed before and calling them out for not searching for it. Either post a link to the original thread(s) and move on, or just let it be. There is absolutely no excuse for people who feel they personally have the right to call people out for content and comments...if you (as in any user) are doing that, go elsewhere..

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service