I was just wondering how all of you deal with the emotions and stress from your career? From people dieing and dealing with death? That is the only obstical i forsee in my path of becoming an EMT/Paramedic? I can be very emotional sometimes?

Thanks,
Bobbie Jo

Views: 786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, in my case....I find that if you do the very best that you can do and acquire all the training that is available then you have to accept that there was nothing more that could have been done....it doesn't sound like much....but it is all that we have sometimes.....that and a supportive Crew and Department....Part of my "Keeping the Faith" that so many here have seen me close my posts with....I WILL be there for my Brothers and Sisters when needed....and they know that...we are all in this together....Trust in your training, Trust in your skills, Trust in your Brothers and Sisters and not to sound corny or ideological Trust in your God that all will come out well.....Stay safe and remember Always Keep the Faith.....Paul
Well I've been in EMS for 14 years, I wont say I've seen it all, but I have seen alot. There are always a call that will stick out in your mind. You just learn to deal with it in your own way. All of the advice our fellow FF and EMT's, are some sound advice. Just follow the path you set for yourself, and dont keep your emotions to the point where it keeps you from being the best you can be. Remember, you didnt cause the incident, but you are there to help improve the situation to your best ability.
No Bobbie Jo...that is NOT the "only obstacle" that you will encounter....it is not an easy road once you start down it...there are many obstacles and challenges to face...You may have to address things that don't make you feel comfortable and have to deal with people that you would rather avoid...and do so with respect(even though none is shown to you) You should have seen me the first time I climbed the quint.....LOL.....Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service