so, ok here it is im 6'2" 325lb looking to loose abought 70lbs and have enuff energy to work those 24 & 48 hr shifts. i here all kind of things to to. i want to know what people that know what its like to have 10 med runs and 2 fires all in the first 12 hrs of a shift! have done to loose weight! what should i eat? how should i exercise? wieghts or no wieghts?

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Walt,
In addition you want to join and check out the group on here called "Fitness for Emergency Services" There is already some helpful information, and some people on there that are trying to do the same thing, so lots of support as well. Good luck!
Hey I lost 100lbs twice; if I can do it so can you.
Eat Salad, fruits and veggies everyday, cut out white anything (bread, rice, potatoe, etc.) Dont drink soda, or juices with sugar( try to cut out juice altogther) and beer.
Eat alot of protien (beans, lean meat, cottage cheese)
As noted by others skip the fried food and sweets. BUT do not deprive yourself if you wants to eat these things do so once a week ( and do not over do it)

Remeber it takes about 1/2 of brisk walking to lose the calories from one soda.. That is too much work for 1 little soda-lol

Items I eat- salad,fruits, chick beans , beans, turkey, chicken, Splenda, fish, brown rice, quinoa, cous cous, whole wheat bread, ezekiel bread, natural peanut butter, cashews, almonds.
Do a lot of reaseach when it comes to making food choices and learn new recipes

EXERCISE- set a goal for Cardio and weight lifting.
Ex- aim for 1 mile everyday, as it gets easier progress - walk faster or run and set new goal for 1.5 miles etc,etc. Try to do a variety of cardio exercises to shock you body. If you walk for 1 month the next month use the eliptical machine, rowing machine or stair master.
Yes lift weights, start with the basics( like push ups and pull ups), REASEARCH a program for you and strenghten all body parts.
Hit me up if you ever need help or questions or even frustrated
Well there is a lot of good info here, the only thing that I can add is that if your looking for a diet plan that will not make you feel hungry try the eat more weigh less by Dr. Dean Ornish (check spelling of last name). I was around 250 and only 5'8. I lost 60lbs in less than a year. I hit the gym, easy at first and worked my way up. This diet will have you eating 6 to 8 times a day. small portions, the only down fall is our work schedule, you will have to do alot of cooking. The diet also calls for tofu, yuck, i used skinless boneless chicken in place of. The good point was that I was never hungry, not even a craving. Good luck, I'm sure all who replied will be there for ya if you need. I will.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service