I have been working on my fire departments web site and wanted to make the main page the history of the fire department i have been talking to the retired members trying to find out when our station was formed but they do not know for sure. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can go to find out so i can get the info right any help would be really appreciated!

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey brother check out all the public records you can old news papers and anyone witha long history in your town.
Ask your local town clerk if there is any old records stored deep in the basement it will take work but be really worth the time GOOD LUCK
I am our fire history guy in our department, and I was lucky to find some old hand written notes to give me the date but nothing more. I found most of the good info from old city council files, and newspaper accounts from microfilm at our library. Also check out any historical museums you might have. They sometimes have postcards, scrapbooks, paper clippings and other items there. if you need more help let me know
When your department was formed, there was a charter agreement submitted to the State you reside in. Going to the state building will provide you with the information you need if it is not obtainable from the old timers in the department. This will also give you a copy of the charter to compare the rules of then to the rules of now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service