Soon I will be relocating to Ft. Belvoir, VA & I am of course going to be getting back into the fire scene once I get there, but I am going to be doing a little research myself online to see what my options are. I am wanting to make a career of firefighting, but if that isn't an option available immediately upon relocation then I must find a volunteer organization close by. If anyone knows of any depts. whether professional or volunteer in that area, please let me know. Thanks so much & stay safe all!

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Raven, Depending what your current certifications are factors for hiring. Example, if you are certified firefighter/paramedic ..Fairfax City FD currently has openings. Not sure how long process is now for Fairfax County, Arlington, Alexandria. All these departments work 24 shift. Prince William County is hiring firefighter which work 12 hour shifts, some 24 medic units. Stafford and Spotsylvania are constantly hiring but lower end of pays scale. As for volunteer companies, you will not find very many active volunterr stations in FX County. Might want to look into Prince William County (county south of Fairfax) they are combination FD with very active. Instead of me telling you where to look or join, suggest you stop by and see departments and you make decision.

Mike
A little Further south there are the following:

Stafford County (career and volunteer)
Spotsylvania County (Career and Volunteer)
Caroline County (Career and Volunteer)
Hanover County (Career and Volunteer)
Henrico County (Career Fire Vollie EMS)
City of Richmond (Career Fire Career EMS and Vollie EMS)
Thanks so much Robert! I will def look into all those. Hope u have a great Holiday Season! Stay safe out there.
Here is a link to an all inclusive fire website all about Virginia it tells you about what going on all over the state what dept are hiring etc. enjoy.

www.vafirenews.com
Stop by the Dale City VFD and say hello when you get out here. We are in Prince William County.
Waz up Fam
Dale city volunteer Fire Department here
Stop by and show some Love
Anyone looking for Custom Fire Department Shirts to be designed give me a Holla
Check out some of my work here

http://skreened.com/firecustomsw
Attachments:
OK so obviously it has been awhile since I have posted. ~lol~ Had sum issues while living on post, in the end I am happy with it though, because I am living in a much better place. I am living in Woodbridge now. Strange to think that living would be better of post huh? Well, trust me it is! If your not an officer on Belvoir, you don't matter! Anyway! I was still thinking of finding a dept. to call home & to volunteer at, so any suggestions? Thanks for your time & sorry it took months to get back with you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service