Hola,
Just wanted to get some honest feed back about how men feel about having women serve as FF. Please be very honest! The reason for this is:
1. I have witnessed society feels women can't do this job- we are to fragile , etc.
2. People think women that work around a bunch of men must be easy or having relations with at least one of the them
3. Sexual harrassment issues arise more often
4. Some men have trouble taking orders from a woman (or vice versa)
These are just a few of the things I have seen or heard about.. Please share y you feel this way

Views: 2214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we also have one bunk room and peersonally i never felt uncomfortable in the bunk room, but we do have a policy that you muct wear sleep pants and NOT just underwear to bed. This would help everyone and if there is a call you woulddt have to dress since your already suppse to wear sleep pants to bed.
We could hijack it and take it to Cuba... or maybe discuss what music women should listen to while drinking in the fire house discussing which color truck to respond in... and the latest "I wish you could see" blog...

Art really nailed it on the head and we should just cut it off right there. Oh Webmaster...
I couldn't agree more. There's got to be a way for us to break out of the mold. Good Luck to ALL female firefighters. I just ran in to some of that in the academy. I'll be glad when it's over. Atleast as much as it will ever be. As they say, :We've come a long way baby."
Resqmom/Ang
How about THIS THREAD HAS ENDED - NOTHING MORE NEED BE SAID - IT'S ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE - LEAVE IT. Please.
You know, the thread starter can close the thread, but if anyone else noticed, she didn't even participate in the discussion.
Not once.
I believe they call that "cut and run"!
Art
I think I'm going to post a discussion and call it ..."Transvestites in the Fire Service (Honest Opinion)" ....
As long as they show fashion sense and don't want to be treated any differently, why not?
And when they put on that play "My Fair Lady" to raised money for the department, it will set records.
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feeeeeeeel
Soooooo saaaaaaaaaad!
Thank you from your next American Idol.
TCSS.
Art
Art,
I have a feather boa that would look SMASHING with your Harley.
:)
Mel
I am a women in the fire service and im done hearing about this same ol' crap....if you cant take the heat, get outta my way.

stay low, be safe...

-JR
I'm allergic to real feathers.
Got something in a synthetic?
Maybe just a colorful scarf from Old Navy or even Aeropostile?
Just spit ballin' here.
Should we worry about "Fashion in the Fire Service"?
Does a bright yellow stripe on a black turnout coat turn heads or turn stomachs?
When it's 700 degrees inside the room, do you really notice that a black coat is hotter than a lighter colored coat?
If it's important; let's discuss it.
Art
I'm not going to be "politically correct" here...Lets be honest....IF you can do the job...IF you can follow orders(fire scene is no place for a democracy)...and IF you can leave what happens at the firehouse...at the firehouse then I don't care if you are male, female or a golden retriever......BUT, if you can't do the above...ALL the above then stay off of my truck..!!! And that goes for ANYONE.....as the man said....."any questions ? "...Stay safe all........Paul
You know the difference between a Harley and a hoover..?? The position of the dirt bag..... 8) sorry couldn't help myself..hmmmm... Transvestites in the fireservice.....That might explain something......LOL If a Nun was a transvestite......would that make her a transistor...?? Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service