The city department near us have 2 guys one 65 and the other 62 (my dad) and they are their most aggressive firefighters. They woop on them younger guys and I'm sure they'll keep doing it tell the die and its not like they fight one of two a year, they've got quite a few and when we call for manpower here they come and I've got no problem going inside with either of them. Actually the greatest fire moment was when the City called us in to assist them on a double house fire, and I got to go in with my dad as the first attack team. So I thought I'd see what you guys have any around.

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

T.J. at JCFD2 we have three front line firefighters that are in their early to mid 60's and every day they show the young ones how it is done.
thats actually pretty young, I'd think.
I believe the average age of our interior firefighters is 35. The oldest is 52.
62 is the oldest and has 40 years active duty
Well in my vol dept there is quite a number of us that are still very active between the ages of 55 to 64.
our average would be around 30
wow, thats amazing:)
65 to 70 somthing they are our engineers tho.
The same thing here, you never want to get rid of those "old" guys because they have a lot of knowledge and they all seem to know their way around a firetruck.
We have several trained and medically qualified interior firefighters (men and women) over 60 but I wouldn't say they are actively interior - they pack up if we're short of staffing but generally are assigned outside. We have some active interior firefighters in their 50's. We have a couple exterior firefighters in their 70's. Our Chief was saying just the other day that our average department age is 41.
I think the oldest at our station is 65.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service