i am in the Owatonna, MN explorer post and i know that we are going to have first aid competitions? i was wondering what kind of stuff you do in your post?

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I run calls. I train with the other firefighters and i act like the other firefighters. I don understand this explorer stuff.
well, if it helps in am in Explorer post 220 In Minnesota!! :)
I'm an Explorer with the Poudre Fire Authority in Fort Collins, Colorado. The program was shut down in the region for a number of years for various reasons and they only just got enough intrest to start it back up again. So now we meet once a month for two hours on Wednesday nights and for 3-4 hours once a month on Saturday afternoons for more hands on training verse classroom training. Being only 3 months in we're still getting basic enducation and gear understanding. Once our probationary time ends around the new year we will be allowed / required to roll on calls for x hours a months (I dont recall). As for more details then that I can't give you much yet, but I can update this as we do more stuff.

I have however also been an explorer with the Larimer County Sheriff's Office for over a year now. We meet once a week for 4 hours to train. We are trained in every aspect of law enforcement; hostage situations, SWAT takedowns, drug recognition, arrest countrol, etc. However when we ride along or are asked to help out at major events (parades, football games, fireworks shows, etc) we are much more limited in what we can do. Mainly we walk/ride with officers more as observers then an active part, though if a situation arises that we are needed we can help. Its not uncommon for explorers to write tickets, a few get to arrest people, and some even get in foot chases.
im the assistant chief of my explorer post in pasco county, florida and we have gone through the first responder class and been certified and we also train for firefighter 1. we have our own gear and engine. we also have participated in firefighting competitions.
I'M THE PREIDENT OF POST 600 FOR RIVIERA BEACH FIRE RESCUE.. ALL OF OUR EXPLORERS ARE CPR CERTIFIED. MAYBE I SHOULD SUGGEST THAT WE GET EVERYONE FIRST RESPONDER CERTIFIED. I'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH EMT & FIRE SCHOOL SO I DON'T NEED THE TRAINING.
hey im the captain of my explorer post #674 of albion ny. captain is the highest that we can get in our post. i am also CFR and CPR/AED certified.i have also taken the Mercy Flight Ground Crew Saftey training and am certed. we have our own gear (witch is beat to crap) and we have 7 trucks all of witch we are aloud to respond to calls on. Do you guys have any restrictians on the type of calls you can go to? ok well write back soon.
Tonight i just learned that i am a JR. Advisor for my Explorers group......:)
I'm affiliated with two different programs in my county, one is a high school vocational course held at two different full-time departments one being DeKalb and the other Sycamore, IL. And in these courses we do basically the firefighter 2 cirrculum and first responder but we also test and if make it compete at a state level at skillsusa for firefighting which includes the combat challenge. And then other organization im with is the my volunteer department im a cadet on in Kirkland, IL where i can run calls and take vitals.
I'm an Explorer for Peachtree City Fire/Rescue in Peachtree City,Georgia and yeah we have Fire camp where we do primary and secondary searches in live fire also fire suppression and ventilation, ladder raise and climbing, confined space and we also do classes on smoke reading, fire behavior, ventilation and other stuff.
I'm a Junior at Central Fire but I'm about to leave there to be at Six Mile FD. At Central, we are no different than normal firefighters other than our set boundaries on what we can do. At Six Mile, we have our own meetings, trainings and stuff like that.
yeah thats a good idea and it could be a good refresher for you
we dont have ranking in our post, there is only 9 guys, but out of OHIO, bainbridge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service