At the present time, with all of our members equipped with pagers, there are still some situations where a member hears the fire house siren and not the pager. The folks across the road complained about it once but its like "hey, didn't you notice you were buying property across from a fire house?"

How many departments out there still have their siren blow for fire and emergency calls?

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems like a lot of depts have the same issue. My town used to have sirens, as well as the back taps. then the sirens got cut down to specific times and now not at all. Case and point, one of our officers was at the town pool with his family so obviously he wasnt wearing his pager, turns out the fire alarm was at HIS own house and he didnt even know it, had the town sirens went off he would have at least know there was a call. also, my bf jogs just about everyday, and used to wear his pager but it has fallen off a few times and then it takes months for the town to replace it. so what they think he's going to stop running because there's no sirens to let him know if theres a call? I think not. People need to stop complaining. The sirens are made to assist and alert, not annoy.
Oh yes, we still have the old siren on top of the Fire House. But the siren is used for only,
-MVA's with confirmed entrapment
-Structure Fires
-Chemical Emergencies
-and Alerting Search and Rescue that a victim has been found.
Mostly the pagers are used for everything else though.
I love hearing the siren when I'm in school or any other time. I can't belive that people would complain about a siren that could alert crews to save a life . Someday that siren may be going off for them,They won't be complaining then.

Be Safe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service