Some significant improvements to site messaging are coming in September. There will be a whole new 'Inbox' system that will be available directly from your login box (instead of at the top of the page), plus a more standardized inbox and messaging system that will be simliar to other applications like Facebook. The compose message feature will also have an easier interface to allow you to message friends and select recipients. You'll also be able to check the status of your friend requests (both incoming and outgoing) all in one new central location as well. Stay tuned for more details on these exciting new features.

iPhone Version Coming in September

Also coming in September, there will be an iPhone interface for the network, giving you full access to many of the most popular Firefighter Nation features. Versions for other types of wireless devices will come in the future.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its moving right along nice job!!!!
My congratulations Chief, nice job and best regards.
Sounds great! Thank You!
Hey Chief, Great job, keep up the good work on making this site the best. I will be having a notice at our county fire school about joining FFN. Additional PR can't hurt. Thanks for an awesome site.
It is always something we love thank you and keep up tis awsome site!
What a class act. Two thumbs up!
Great job WC! Can't for the the new features in September.
WC - I love the birthday listing.

You have to catch up to me first I'm a Salty Dog...What are you?
Hey FFN Chief, Is it possible to show an arrow or some icon to indicate whether you've responded to someone? Just a thought. I'm the guy who had knee surgery from Santa Barbara, which has afforded me a lot of time to learn how to use this site and get the most out of it.

As a teacher and company officer, I truly get a lot of satisfaction using this site to share how to do things with folks from all over the world. I recently posted a blog sharing that I use Google Translator to write my emails after selecting someone using the FFN Map. You may want to consider adding this "translation" feature to the FFN site.

My contributions to the FFN are going to primarily focus on hazmat and WMD issues. I started my first group today, obviously called Hazmat / WMD First Responders... : ) Please join the group!

Thanks again for creating this wonderful site. Mike from Santa Barbara
great job on the site chief
Yeah right! I noticed you made some suggestions to improve the site...

:o)
great cant wait was having dt's last night could not get on

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service