Now that I'm figuring out how this discussion thing works, I wanted to see if I'm the only one using Google Translator to get to know other firefighters through the FFN network. I've gotten a couple of emails from my FFN friends who have asked me how many languages do I speak...

I feel so guilty now. I only speak english and maybe a little spanish but the secret here is to simply go to Google and on the top of the screen where it says more, let the window open up and select translate. Now simply type your english text into left box and select what language you want your email translated to.

or, you can click this link and bookmark it: http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en

I've used the FFN world map to reach folks. I figured why make it any harder for someone to write you back. Just translate what they say. By doing so, your experience here at the FFN will be a lot more rewarding and you will have the opportunity to create bridges, make new friends and share resources that not everyone has access to!

For those of you who like myself are really into the Olympics, why not become the global person that you know you want to be? Expand your horizon, get out of your comfort zone and use the FFN to learn more about other cultures and peoples. Who knows, maybe someday when you retire, you might want to do some traveling and it sure would be nice thing to know someone on the other end...

Stay safe everyone!

Mike from Santa Barbara

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

Alvast de groeten uit Belgie
(Greetings from Belgium)

And don't wait to retire for traveling, now is the time (or make time for it)
Very interesting!
Nice touch Ed with french. I love wise guys. You are obviously a fun hog at heart. Take care, Mike
Hey Brother ... niet zijn om Vlaanderen in 4 jaar! Ik heb een business partner die is een voormalig wielrenner en pro alvorens terug te keren naar de brandweer reisde er een paar keer per jaar. God kan ik missen Grimbergen!

Take Care and Stay Safe!

BTW he is speaking Flemish not French...
Bloody hell Mike, I don't know whether you're a spunk or a you're a galah!

What a ridgey didge idea for a discussion- Us aussies talk our own language.

Even the language spoken in each state is different- the banana benders finsish everything with "eh?", the Taswegians are all related so they talk slower than everyone else, the sandgropers are all beach bums and on it goes.

I'm cactus at the moment, but when ya' get over here, bring your sunnies, dress you in some budgie smugglers, get some grog and go walkabout, and see if we can't go troppo before you have to go home....

For an interpretation, go to http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Good on ya Mate!
Aussie -

This is toooo funny I gave you that link!!

Lol

:o)
Even I've learnt a few new ones off this site that I hadn't heard of before!
i only know how to speak english and some spanish. but this will help me out thanks
I could use the Google Translator this morning, I've been trying to type in Italian for the past hour....
Hello Allen,
As I can Understand you got familiar with two of our major export products.
Biking and Beer.

And let me correct you.
The part of the country I live in is Flemish, the language we speak is Dutch
But this is a great way to connect over the ocean, so let's do this more

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service