we were paged to a shooting the other day the police were trying to get a man to surrender instead he came out shooting at the officers and they finally shot him only once when we came rolling in and started working the pt he said leave me alone the police did their job i wanted them to kill me well he wasn't that lucky he is now a parapaligic and the cop gets an automataic 6 week s off until his name is cleared i just think its wronge to wreck someone elses life to end your own anybody else have simalar stories

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got a Worse One...

Guys Cuz died on a motorcycle, so shortly after the accident he took his crotch rocket at a high rate of speed head on into a big rig.

I'll just say this,

The people on scene had to use a Heat Camera to find all the parts.
Yes its wrong, but you have to realize, that people that are ok don't do this. This person has a mental illness and his life was so bad that he thought it would be better to end it. It's sad to think that someones life could be that out of sorts. Police officers know that they may wind up ending someones life i the course of duty. If theres a threat, you neutralize it. It's not really you that pulled the trigger, its the other persons actions that caused you to do so.

It's really just a sad situation in general. I used to be mad at people that commit suicide but then I tried to put themselves in their shoes. Knowing my uncle who has suicidal ideations and everything he's been through has helped me have less anger. I would never personally end my own life, but I can see where some people are coming from.
My sister in-law committed suicide recently; It has been very difficult for me to deal with. I can only think this person was in a great deal of pain, but do wish he hadn't pulled someone else into his plan of self destruction.

I hope if anyone of you reading this blog feels that there is no other way to deal with your problems I beg you to please talk to someone for help!!

TCSS,
Cat :o)
Sorry about the punctuaiton and grammer . I had the grandbabies and little kids getting into everything . When I got a chance to edit it was gone . LMAO
Capt. Jack77 -

That was really good!!
LMAOPMP
This is a situation for Non-lethal weapons; take the guy out of action without killing him.

Does a firehose count as a non-lethal weapon? Park around the corner and have a few cops trained to use a hoseline (one of our brothers who "moonlights" as a cop fo rtheir dayjob maybe) and hit the guy with the gun with a 2-second stream from a covered position then the rest of the boys and girls in blue can take him into custody.

Just an idea... :-)

GM

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service