Ran into a meeting with a group that wants to put a membrane dome in my community, 60 foot in height, 5000 sq feet, for a soccer practice facility. My question is, under our local ordinances a sprinkler system would be required, but at the height of the dome, and that its an air supported system, has anyone actually seen one of these sprinkled?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had an air supported Domed facility that housed an indoor golfing center/driving range located within one of our battalions. Based upon code (NYSUFPBC) and construction, the structure did not have a fixed suppression system installed due to the manner of construction, hazard classification, fire load etc. The structure was recently vacated and dismantled .It had been in operation for well over 15 years. ( never had a fire response to that location). It did have a local alarm system.
Mike-
You're in Addison right? Is the one on Lake Street sprinkled? I've been in there several times but I can't remember seeing sprinklers in there. Hanover Park has a membrane dome also, unknown if it's sprinkled. I think the best you can do with those structures is an alarm system. Stay safe!
Yeah, in Addison. The one on Lake, which fell down during last storm, was sprinkled under the mezzanine (where the driving range was) not in the ball landing area. It was also specified that the only thing that the dome could be used for was golf, and no one outside the mezzanine area except workers.
Yeah that was quite a storm! I would think that the new dome would be sprinkled in the same fashion as the one on Lake Street was. Although as a soccer field, there will be people in the open area. I still don't know how you could sprinkle the dome area though, the height alone would ne prohibitive not to mention what do you secure the pipes to?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service