Hello all!
This is Bjoern from Bielefeld, Germany. I´m looking for some "manuals" to put out car fires and some data for vehicle firefighting. And i want to know how is your standard Operation at a vehicle fire scene. With some hazards counts you during firefighting a car, heavy truck....
Thanks
Bjoern

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Bjoern to FFN. I'll outline our guidelines for vehicle fires here from memory, such as it is.

First, we use a 1 3/4 inch hose on all fires, with a class B foam back-up line just in case. We approach the vehicles at a 45 degree angle to avoid exploding bumper shock absorbers, window struts and tires. All members need to be in full protective gear including SCBA for extinguishment and overhaul purposes.

The vehicle contents are inspected, and the trunk opened up to make sure no unknown hazards remain. We attempt to determine the fire cause if the owner is not present. Traffic control is often an issue so we sometimes opt to close the road down temporarily to protect the members working on scene.

Hope this helps start the discussion. There's some other interesting reading in this thread: http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topic/show?id=889755%3ATopic...
thats a major thing to look at. we had a dept near us about 6 years ago lost a firefighter and a truck they were on an rv fire on a highway . the rv was on the top of a hill appratus stoped below the rv tank ruptured fuel ran under the fire truck and firefighter lost both. was a sad day

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service