While this post is mostly just to get FFN points...

I was just wondering if anybody else sees the painfuly obvious (humor) in some of the pages we get.

Case in point, we get toned last night and dispatch sez: "Engine 3, respond emergency traffic to (patient address) concerning 64 y/o male with end stage emphysema...(get ready)...patient states he has difficulty breathing..."

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We arrived for an extrication a number of years ago and paramedic turns to me and says, "He's not trapped, we just can't get him out!"

mmmmm- back to training for this medic....
We just recently got toned out to a call and this is how we were called out:

"30 yo male passed out at the intersection of (Street Names). Be advised, patient has stated to the RP he is trying to be a speed bump. County deputies en route". It was priceless!!!
We used to have a couple of longtime Chiefs in our county who might not know the road name for the dispatched location, but if you have them the name of the caller they could drive right to the house with their eyes closed.

One called dispaych one night and said "Central Car _....you got a name?" Meaning for the caller, like he always does. The dispatcher, named Steve, replied back with "Affirmative...Steve."

The other related issue was one night back when I worked 911. We got a 911 call on an EMS call with an ANI failure. They gave a street address that fit a general area, but was in an area where three counties came together and the road ran through all three. EMS was clearing a no transport not far from the area of the call, so we didn't send the FD for first responder. EMS gets out there and can't find the address. We tried to call back, but no answer. EMS looks for a few minutes more, and asks again if we had any information. We advised negative, and we couldn't make contact with the caller. They advise they would be standing by in the area until we could advise further. I took the EMS unit to the talk around channel and suggested sending the FD, that if anybody could locate them their Chief could. They agreed so we toned them out. When their Chief signed up on the radio, as usual his first question was "What's the caller's name?" When I advised there was no hesitation, he replied "Be advised this will be in XXXX county near XXXXX Road." We advised our EMS unit, who advised to go ahead and notify that county EMS, but they would be responding in. The FD also responded in and assisted until the responsible county arrived on scene.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service