ok, i've taken on the task of putting together a new "combo quick attack" truck for my dept. i've decided to go with a F550 reg. cab, with a custom box, roll up doors and all that BS. i've got a 300gallon water tank with a 300gpm pump. i spec'd it with a CAFS system and a simple to use foampro controls. i met instant resistance from some of the "SR" memebers and officers due to the 12,000 price diff compared to normal class A foam. i am looking for some help on ways to better sell the idea of the CAFS. we respond to an av. of 220 calls a year, well mixed with forestry calls, ranging from 500 feet around to 5-10 acres, MVC's, building fires, and car fires. not to mention the "out of the norm" calls when they arrive. so any help and youtube links to show the pros and cons of the CAFS would be great, thanks all and stay safe!

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We went to CAFS on our last engine...and after trial and error we finally have it down pretty well.....We have cut our water demands by at least 80%....We had an Amish farm house with 2 upstairs room involved and we managed to put it out AND do overhaul with approximately150 gallons of water...had a log cabin the the roof and one end burned pretty much out....took just over 300 gallons...that sold me....takes time to learn though....the pressure has to be right or you tend to fracture the bubbles and defeat the purpose of the foam...and the concentration has to be right also....we tend to run around 3% concentration...Good luck.....Paul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service