What type of system does your fire dept. have just curious to see the different types.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use the Tag system. We carry 2 tags on us at all times. One tag is accountability (on scene) and stays with the apparatus you arrive on, or if in a POV the lead Engine. The second tag will denote SCBA for those members who are qualified (they are tagged with a year to ensure proper training) and is used by a accountability officer through the operations command. It will target a area of the building you are entering with your tag and your partner(s) tags also.
We use the "passport" system. Each person has little velcro tags with your last name and the F.D. name on it stuck to the underside of the helmet brim. When you're on shift, these go onto 2 seperate velcro cards that are assigned to each rig. Then, one of them goes to command and one stays with the vehicle. That way, command can tell who belongs to what rig. The trick is remembering to remove them after your shift so they don't end up on the wall of shame! Stay safe!
My department uses the tag system also but we have a big plastic tag on our helmets that we leave on the apparatus we rode in on and then we have a metal "dogtag" style one that goes with us everywhere.usually worn on our coat zipper. also,on scene a designated person goes to other fd's marking down who is where so everything is right in front of the chief for him to look at..works for us.
Each member has 3 tags with a picture.1 goes to the rig,1 goes to the OIC,1 stays with the person.
We use tags and an Accountability Board. Each FF has 2 tags on his helmet. One goes to the IC upon arrival on scene and one goes to the AIC/SO upon entry into the structure.
We use the tag system, our tags are clipped on the back of our helmet, before we go in, we hand our tags to the accountability officer. when we clear the scene, we get our tags back.
We use the tag system. every one has two tags and check in with the accountability officer with their tag and assignment. then they report back in when that task is done.
Here's a link to an earlier discussion on the topic:

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topic/show?id=889755%3ATopic...

Not everyone has an accountability system, yet.
We use the Passport system as well. It is a county standard here. In addition to Brian's comments, the system also includes color-coded helmet frontpieces that identify the compamy and position (white for officers, red for firefighters, yellow for EMS, blue for special ops, training, etc.) The frontpiece velcros on. If you just have the black velcro showing, we call it the "You don't get to play" Passport.

There is also a leather version of the Passport helmet front for traditional helmets. I have one (the number 20) on the helmet front of helment - see my avatar for an example.

The commercial Passport site is: http://www.passportaccountability.com/products.htm

Another source os Passport system components is: http://www.imsalliance.com/passport/index.asp

This system is easy to use - we list the assignment on the tactical board in grease pencil (writes in the rain) and the time in the hazard zone in the blank section at the bottom of the Passport. We carry the tac boards in every engine, medic, truck, and staff vehicle. Our three mobile command post vehicles carry larger versions of the tac boards that make it easier to manage personnel and units at large incidents.

Another benefit - unintended, but a good one - is that if you're holding a tac board with more than 7 Passports on it, you've exceeded your span of control and it's time to create an Operations Branch or a functional division and start delegating.
we use a colored tag system also
Tag system no tag no on the scene.. tell what you can and cannot do... hangs on the truck you came on.. The whole county went tag just about two years ago.. It;s ok I have had to get a new one about 4 time due to falling off....
My county has issued a tag system with a scan bar on it. The local ED reportedly has the capabilities of scanning your tag and getting allergies blood type and other pertaining information on it. It also has a scan bar on it that has all your qualifications on it.

The front of the tag has your photo and what dept you run with and whether your FF1 or EMT.

The main problem we have had with this system is it likes to melt when your in the fire. Doesn't take heat very well.

We leave one tag in the truck and the other with the Accountability Officer. Most depts have issued a 3rd tag that stays on the body, I keep mine clipped under my jacket to protect it from the heat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service