Just wanted to hear from some people who there favorite apparatus manufactures are !

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would to have to say....Pierce, especially the Dash cabs.
Pierce all the way!!!
I like Pierce due to its dependability. My paid department had a 1990 Pierce that ran for nearly 70,000 miles with little or no maintenance problems. My volunteer department is all Pierce and we have very few problems.

My least favorite is the same as LT2406. If I have some advice to give someone, I would go against getting an American LaFrance due to electrical problems, doors coming off hinges, Body was placed on top of moving parts of truck, truck was a year late, and I could go on but I will leave it at that.
favorites? Crimson, Pierce, and Ferrara... I hate ALF, KME, and am on the fence about E-One
Favorites: Pierce and Seagrave

also good:
some E-one customes,

trash:
ferrara, e-one commercial, KME,

no experience with anything else

do love our antique piece... 1946 williz-boyer CJ jeep with a pump on the front and custom body work in the back
e-one is pretty good
at 500,000 or more whatever we can afford
I'd have to say E-One.
i would rather own a used mack than some of these newer trucks any day two neighboring department bought brand new engines with grant money and they are in the shop more than they are at fires. we have two macks right now one is a 1977 and the other is a 1984 and nether has ever let us down.
We have 4 Pierce trucks, 2 Lance pumpers (1993 and 1994), 1 Lance rearmount tower ladder 100' (1997), and 1 Dash rescue pumper (1999). We also have a 1969 International brush truck that goes just about anywhere including a lot of places these new ford brush trucks cant get to. Also we have a 1989 Mac rescue truck. The 2 Lance pumpers are 1st due engines and there are no plans to replace them. We have a great mechanic that keeps all the departments vehicles flawlessly maintained. The trucks may be getting older but they work just as good as the day they were delivered. We also have 2 Ford E-series type III horton ambulances (1999, 2004), and 1 International chassis type I Horton ambulance (1994).
I have operated a few apparatus in my twenty years of fire service. Older ALF's up to late 70's. Pierce. E-one not made very well, although their platforms are easy to setup. Would love to try a Seagrave. My new ALF engine actually drives very nice with the air ride cab. My dept just received a Crimson, not very impressed. Wish people would stop specing enormous apparatus. Some engines just a big as a heavy rescue. Try to turn that around in a cul-de-sac.
the best engine i have gotten the privallige to use is an Rosenbauer, have used just about every other brand and Rosenbauer is just an awsome truck. It is a truck built by firefighters for firefighters.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service