For those of you that don't know me... which is the majority of you... I would like to introduce myself! I am Amanda!!!

I'm a very bubbly and energetic girl! I'm cute and I tell myself that I am EVERYDAY! Some people may see that as being conceited but I see that as being confident! I have been a part of emergency services since the day I was born... and when I turned 14, I became a member of my volunteer fire department. I grew up having multiple Dads (cause the one that actually is, is a total asshole... but we won't go there) and LOTS of Uncles. They eventually gave me a lot of brothers and sisters. I'm still in the same fire department that I was born into and we've seen a lot of people come and go but in the "11 House", you definitely know who your family is! When I turned 16, I became a Pennsylvania State Certified EMT-Basic. That too is something that I have in common with my mom. She has been there through everything and I guess that's why she not only is my mom but also a best friend. Over the last year, we welcomed a bunch of new people into our family. My mom got reunited with an old friend which she used to work with and now their engaged but you could practically say they're already married. Along with him, we have 3 new sisters and a brother. And if I forgot to mention, Walt is a triple threat. He is a paramedic, firefighter and police officer of many, many years.

Well... back to me! The reason that I wanted to explain all of this background info. is because it sets the stage for my current situation. When I turned 18 in April, I began running with two ambulance services. Rostraver/West Newton Emergency Services and Tri-Commmunity Ambulance, both of which Walt & my Mom are employed through, gladly opened their doors to a "brand new EMT". I've been volunteering and training all summer and recently switched over to a paid employee at TCA. I'm loving every minute of it and can't wait to learn and do more!

But I have no intentions of remaining an EMT for very long... because currently I am enrolled in Paramedic training through Penn State Fayette. And... although I am the baby of my class, I have no hesitation that I will strive to do my best.

If I sound the least bit interesting to any of you wonderful people that have just read my life story, I greatly encourage you to comment me to get to know more about me!!! I'm open to talk to anyone... just leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I look forward to receiving lots of comments from ALL my NEW friends!

-Amanda-

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you sound like a great person and knows what you want. It is great to see that you are going after your dreams and not just sitting around waiting on them to drop into your lap like most kids are doing today. Keep going after the things that you want and you will strive a head of the rest. Good luck in all you do, you will go far.
You seem very positive on what you want out of life.Who cares what everyone else thinks.Do what you want to do and do it well.I kind of come from the same situation,firefighting is in my blood.I grew up around it and i love doing it.I take this job very seriously and i'm at the station every week.So I say to you my friend go for the gold,good luck in all you do.Stay safe.
Welcome to ffn. Good luck in your paramedic course, sounds like you have it under control, and you will do great at it.
Hey there and welcome sounds like you have your life fiqured out and you know what you want in life and thats great keep up the good work and good luck on medic school study hard
HEY AMANDA THATS GREAT .YOU SEEM TO BE VERY FOCOSED KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service