I hve successfully tested for the Fairfax Co. Fire and Rescue Dept. I received a letter back in the middle of May stating my successful completion. If there are any FFX Co. ff's out there, can you give me a little guidence on how the process works? I would also like to know how many recruit classes there are a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike ,In the same position as you i passed in June. I got the letter stating my success as well.To answer your ? if you haven't got the info yet, I believe its twice a year! Mike if you or anybody you know, can tell me anything about the time it takes for the next phase of the hiring process ,being as though you got your letter before me give me a hit.As you know any and all help is helpful thanks in advance!
it honestly all depends on a number of things how long it'll take for fairfax.... i'm applying to their pd in not too long which is about the same length and i can take people up to a year to go through the whole process.

The thing that takes the longest is the background investigation. If you've been living in the same place for a decent amount of time/haven't lived in too many diferent places it'll take a lot less time.

Good luck :) I volunteer with them and it really is a great department to work for either in a volunteer or paid capacity!
Thanks for the info. It helps knowing that it can take a bit of time for the process!...
you're welcome!
It just sucks waiting. Especially when the testing process took almost a year. Hopefully it will be worth it.
I guess what I meant to say was that I made it through all the testing. Good luck with the PD thing. Have been an officer for 6 years. It's OK. Used to really love it, but I guess I'm just fed up with small town politics. Fire is in my blood.
Congrats! I recently moved to Fredericksburg and saw Fairfax was hiring. Got some info from the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore. Good luck.
thanks :) .... I want to be on ffx's helo which I think would be awesome.... nothine like getting paid to fly, do law enforcement missions, and medevacs all at the same time :). I'll still be a vol on the fd end of things of course.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service